Please be aware that this is an expired job ad, so the details shown here may now be out of date.
RightScale is the leading cloud management platform; it's used by the likes of Zynga and Associated Press to manage and automate infrastructure across public and private clouds (AWS, MS Azure, Google Compute Engine, Eucalyptus, OpenStack, CloudStack etc). RightScale recently opened an office in Edinburgh by acquiring PlanForCloud.com and is looking for a security engineer to join the team.
Ideally you're actively practicing security in your day to day role but if you have strong development skills with an academic competence in security, you should also apply for this role! You'll be expected to:
- Design custom layered security architectures using best of breed security methodologies
- Implement crypto modules/protocol for dropping into various RightScale services
- Perform 1st level security audits, code inspections, penetration tests, etc
- Champion security best practices as it relates to development
You should have:
- Strong computer science fundamentals gained through a BSc, MSc or PhD in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with security technologies (PKI, SSL, Authentication)
- Experience with API design (SOAP, REST), and relational databases
- Experience with an object-oriented language (Ruby, Python, PHP, Java) and model-view-controller frameworks
- Experience with network programming
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Salary + Stock
Sounds good? Email us at info@PlanForCloud.com with your CV. Feel free to include links to your LinkedIn, GitHub and any project websites.
We are also looking for front-end, back-end and senior software engineers to join our team. See www.planforcloud.com/pages/recruitment.html for more info.