Please be aware that this is an expired job ad, so the details shown here may now be out of date.
Inplayrs is building a mobile game for sports fans. We’re an early stage startup with an exciting product, solving a real problem in a very large market. We have designed the game engine, documented user stories/MVP, created several prototypes, and continue to test and iterate with customers. We are lean and self-funded for now, but intend to raise seed funding in the near future.
We are a team of two looking for a developer. The founder has 16 years experience in web and mobile product management, with 4 years of software development, and an MS in Computer Science. He was also a former exec at one of Britain’s most successful Internet startups. The co-founder has 6 years of experience in analytics, marketing, and running operational teams at startups. This is an opportunity to be a part of our founding team and build a successful, consumer-facing, mobile product business.
What we’re looking for:
1. Keen to join a startup (this is important!)
2. Passionate about sports and the idea (which of course we’ll show you in person)
3. BS or MS in Computer Science, or similar degree with some coding expertise
4. Heavy user of mobile products (smartphones and tablets)
5. Intelligence over experience
6. Delivery over management
7. Humour over formality
We have no hard requirements on specific technologies (and it’ll be up to you to choose anyway), but we are converging on the following stack:
- iOS and Android native app development
- Ruby on Rails, Java, or Python
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- LAMP, EC2, Heroku, Github
£25K to £40K + Equity
If you’re interested, know someone who would be perfect, or want to find out more, then please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org!