Please be aware that this is an expired job ad, so the details shown here may now be out of date.
We are looking for excellent software developers to join our growing team in West London. Our web application is at the heart of our busy e-commerce business; every day it serves millions of product images and handles thousands of purchases - but we can and do update the live site with new code anytime we want without missing a beat. Our systems are written on the LAMP stack and we are migrating to Symfony 2 as our MVC framework. Developers choose the tools that work best for them - for instance, we have a mix of Linux, Windows, and Mac workstations in the team. We are adopting and adapting agile development techniques such as test-driven development, pair programming, and continuous integration. We hold regular retrospectives to improve our working environment and lightning talks to share cool ideas whether work-related or not. We expect developers to be generalising specialists, ready at the drop of a hat to refine an algorithm, write a tricky integration test, tune a SQL query, or discuss feature nuances with a product manager. Our team is growing to four PHP developers and one front-end engineer.
Skills & Requirements
Essential Attributes and Skills:
• Solid and extensive coding experience in a commercial environment
• Experience with a relational database
• Willingness to collaborate closely with colleagues inside and outside the team
• Flexibility and interest in a wide range of development activities
Ideal Skills and Experience:
• Expert, object-oriented PHP coding
• Any PHP MVC framework (Symfony, Zend, or others)
• MySQL usage and administration
• Linux usage and administration
• Test driven development and continuous integration
• Queries and analysis on large data sets
• Experience in e-commerce
Established in London in July 2007, Secretsales.com is one of the UK's leading private shopping clubs, offering limited-time online sales with current name-brand goods at deep discounts. Brands include fashion, beauty, homewares and lifestyle categories, many familiar from the high street. The company has about 55 employees and a substantial annual turnover. The firm is growing quickly after a recent investment round.
Send an email to email@example.com