Please be aware that this is an expired job ad, so the details shown here may now be out of date.
At Bromium we're building technology that transforms the trustworthiness of computer systems in the Internet age, making them dependable, secure and manageable by design. What we build covers a wide range of aspects of Computer Science and Software Engineering, with a strong focus on minimalism, efficiency, simplicity and security.
Our products take advantage of modern virtualisation techniques to allow us to trap and contain untrusted webpages, applications and data, making it easier for users to use the web without compromising on system security. In our vision, users should be able to browser the Internet without having to worry about system integrity.
A key part of this is not just protecting the user from malicious data once it's downloaded, but to be integral to the browsing experience. We want to bring Bromium's advanced containment features into the browser itself, allowing users to navigate the web without concern, knowing that Bromium is protecting them, their computer, and their data from malicious sites.
To get this level of integration we need to integrate closely with popular browsers, and thus high on our list is making sure we work well with WebKit based browsers such as Safari and Chrome. We're looking for someone who knows their way around the insides of WebKit to help us deliver on our promise of trusted web browsing to users, primarily on OS X, but also and other platforms. If you are smart, motivated and love technical challenges, we would like to invite you to explore being part of our Bromium team.
Bromium has offices in Cambridge, UK and Cupertino, California, and have both permanent and intern positions available.
• Design and implement changes to WebKit source base to enable Bromium style system security.
• Where possible, submit code changes back to WebKit project, including any testing requirements from the WebKit project.
• Assist in producing end-to-end tests that asses overall testing of the Bromium product.
• Take part in design/code audits as part of security testing.
A successful candidate will have the following essential skills:
• Strong knowledge of the WebKit source code, with a commit history a definite advantage.
• Existing experience of building browser extensions and plugins.
• Proven ability to be a productive and flexible team member in a fast-paced environment.
• BS in CS or equivalent required. MS preferred.