Please be aware that this is an expired job ad, so the details shown here may now be out of date.
We are looking to hire...
You will have a proven record of collaborative working with other developers and have the self- confidence to suggest and defend ideas to an internal team. You will not always be working in development teams so you should feel confident working on your own and with non-technical colleagues to come up with creative solutions. You love to innovate but don't lose sight of the fundamentals of website production; namely clean, functional, accessible, cross-browser compliant code.
Most importantly, you will want to work in and contribute heavily to a motivated, committed, fun team striving to produce awesome results for clients who we care about and will never, ever stop learning.
You will need...
• A number of years experience in a UK Digital Agency working with brands
• Primary development experience working with PHP
• Familiarity with Web Standards, Accessibility Standards and cross browser compatibility
• A proven record in collaborative working both with other developers and wider project team
• An innovative, 'can-do' attitude
• Good communication skills - to present your point of view and back yourself
• Design appreciation. You will challenge and collaborate with Design Team
• Real attention to detail both front and back end
• An understanding & ongoing awareness of commercial and marketing goals of projects
• Experience in the demands of deadline-driven work
• To show examples of technically challenging and beautifully executed work for brands
• An understanding of the importance of User Experience & User Interface with examples of where you have implemented this understanding
• A real passion for the Web and to be in touch with current technical innovation
• A sense of humour
Who we are...
Codegent is an award-winning digital agency and apps business made up of talented, driven digital enthusiasts based in South London. We work across a variety of sectors with brands that include BBC, Tesco, Nestlé, Channel 4, The British Library, Skechers, Hamleys, Cartoon Network and CBS Outdoor.
We also have a dedicated team devoted to building our own Mobile iOS and Android Applications and SaaS products. Our design team also works on creating and promoting these as well as working on client projects.
We are genuinely excited by digital in all of its forms and the opportunities that it offers people. Much of the work we do is innovative and challenging as a result and we actively look for people who can really contribute to this culture. A 'can-do' attitude and an inquisitive, confident personality are a must for anyone wanting to join our team.
We are proud of the work we do and the difference our work makes to our clients. You can find out a little bit more about us here
Competitive rates based on experience plus bonus and benefits
Mail email@example.com referencing #phpdevrole