Please be aware that this is an expired job ad, so the details shown here may now be out of date.
Seeking a talented Java developer to work on a variety of Big Data projects.
This job will suit a smart coder with maths/science leanings, who likes technical challenges & enjoys making awesome software.
You should have:
• Flexible skills & be open to learning.
• Interest in the whole software stack.
• Strong object-oriented design skills.
• Experience with real-world data.
• Experience of working on a coding team -- open-source or commercial.
Experience with these technologies is desirable:
• Hadoop / HBase
• Probability Theory
• Distributed Computing
• You should be aged whatever with a passionate attitude toward your work.
This job involves a high level of responsibility working within a small talented team. The right candidate will have the chance to shape the job, and will be at the heart of an exciting company.
To start: As soon as possible.
Commensurate with experience
To apply, please send a CV and a short portfolio of your best work to: firstname.lastname@example.org . The shortlist will be invited for an interview which includes a short technical reasoning test.
We're advertising a contract position for approximately six months, but in reality the right person will almost definitely be offered a position working on our AI-powered social media dashboard, SoDash, after the specific project we're hiring for finishes.