Please be aware that this is an expired job ad, so the details shown here may now be out of date.
At Bromium we're building technology that transforms the trustworthiness of computer systems, making them dependable, secure and manageable by design. What we build covers a wide range of aspects of Computer Science and Software Engineering, with a strong focus on minimalism, efficiency, simplicity and security.
Our products take advantage of modern virtualisation techniques to allow us to trap and contain untrusted data and applications, making it easier for users to use applications and workloads they choose without compromising on system security. In our vision, users should be able to operate with untrusted data without having to worry about system integrity.
Bromium very much believe in supporting not just flexibility within a given platform, but also the flexibility of users to choose their platform too, and as such are committed to bringing the Bromium product range to OS X. We plan to build a range of products that work with OS X brilliantly not just from a technical standpoint, but also provide a user experience demanded by users of OS X itself.
Working on OS X brings a new set of challenges and hurdles that we need to overcome, and we're looking for people to help us achieve our goals. If you are smart, motivated and love technical challenges, we would like to invite you to explore being part of our team and participate in our building of a fantastic, next-generation product.
Bromium are located in Cambridge, UK and have both permanent and intern positions available.
The successful candidate will have the following essential skills:
• Strong technical and problem-solving skills including ability to develop and debug software in Objective C, C, and C++
• Expert level knowledge with the Mac OS X System APIs, both in Cocoa and Carbon.
• Proven ability to be a productive and flexible team member in a fast-paced environment
And one or more of skills from the following areas:
• Experience architecting/building secure applications on OS X
• Experience in building Kernel Extensions for OS X
• Experience working with WebKit or Chromium
• Experience of creating complex plugins for other Browsers such as Safari, Firefox and Chrome
BS in CS or equivalent required. MS preferred. Ph.D. even better!
Strictly no agencies please
Please send email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org