Please be aware that this is an expired job ad, so the details shown here may now be out of date.
Barclay Communications is an all-in-one business communications specialist, providing customised end-to-end telecommunication and mobilisation solutions to businesses across the UK.
We pride ourselves on offering small and large scale companies a vast variety of efficiency transforming solutions. We are now looking for an experienced Senior Network Engineer to join our IT team immediately.
Reporting to: IT Services Manager
Location: 145-149 Donegall Pass, Belfast, BT7 1DT Belfast
Hours of work: 39.5 hours per week excluding meal breaks, Monday to Thursday 9am-5.30pm, Friday 9am – 5pm
Holidays: 28 days per annum including statutory holidays
Overall purpose of the job:
To work with the IT Services team providing IT support/Maintenance to customers via email, phone and remote connection and to provide onsite support for a large base of customers across Northern Ireland.
• To use the helpdesk system to log calls and assign them to the support team.
• Work through the support call list, prioritise and resolve the issues via email, phone or remote connection.
• End to end deployment of Blackberry Enterprise Server and mobile devices.
• End to end deployment of all client/server technologies.
Overview of key and essential criteria:
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a technical IT Services Role.
• Experience with Microsoft Server and client technologies.
• Knowledge and experience of Windows Server 2000/03/08 Active Directory.
• Knowledge and experience of Small Business Server 2003/08.
• Knowledge and experience of managing DNS, DHCP and other primary services.
• Knowledge and experience of server hardware including HP, Intel and Dell.
• Knowledge and experience of RAID configuration on HP, Intel and Dell Servers.
• Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Exchange 2003/07, including troubleshooting and MS Exchange diagnostics.
• Knowledge and experience of Exchange Routing
• Knowledge of POP, IMAP and other mail protocols.
• Excellent understanding of Blackberry and Smartphone technologies.
• Knowledge and experience of TCP/IP networking concepts.
• Knowledge and experience in routing and switching networks; LAN and WAN
• A good understanding of SPI Firewalls; IPSEC, NAT, Tunnels.
• A good understanding of Anti-virus and Security applications.
• A good understanding of pro-active support – Backups and auditing responsibilities.
• Professional and proactive manner when interacting with all customers, technical and non-technical staff/customers.
• Experience of implementation and change management processes. Asset management.
• Prepared to be flexible with the work requested and willing to learn new skills.
• Excellent communications skills; written and verbal.
• A strong focus towards Service Level Agreements.
A full clean UK Driving license is required for this role.
The successful candidate must be willing to take Microsoft and RIM exams. The successful candidate should already possess MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) accreditations’ standards. Similar experience will also be considered.
We are an equal opportunities Employer. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.
Closing Date: 14th September 2012
Please apply online at www.barclaycomms.com