Please be aware that this is an expired job ad, so the details shown here may now be out of date.
QA Engineer - Mubaloo
Are you looking for a unique opportunity in a dynamic fast-paced environment within an award-winning company? Do you have a passion for mobile? Do you have the determination to succeed? If so, Mubaloo is the place for you.
We looking to expand our Quality Assurance team to accommodate our growth. This is a great opportunity for a candidate to enter into the fast paced world of mobile application development, learn about the software development lifecycle, and to further develop their skills in becoming a reputable software testing professional.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Give input and assist with writing functional specification documents.
• Contribute towards the development and implementation of quality improvement plans processes and procedures.
• Manage and administration of defect management system.
• Design and prepare functional and non-functional technical test scripts.
• Assist with test planning and setting of entry/exit criteria.
• Manage defects ensuring they are correctly reported, tracked and retested in line with the test plans and scripts.
• Participate in project meetings, giving regular updates and feedback to project teams on test progress.
• Assist clients through UAT phase of application testing.
• Effectively escalate issues where appropriate if quality risks start to escalate.
• Takes responsibility for personal development in the role to be able to be effective in the achievement of company, departmental and personal objectives.
• Preparation of development and QA release notes and to distribute milestone builds to the clients
• Occasional on-site support and testing with clients
• Strong experience with MS Office
• Experience using Mac OS/Windows OS
• Experience with mobile/web testing
• Computer Science or equivalent degree/HND.
• ISEB/ISTQB Foundation
Mubaloo plans, designs, develops and markets bespoke mobile apps for smartphones and tablets across multiple platforms. Our environment is fresh and exciting and we work across a number of industry sectors, so there’s plenty of variety.
You’ll love our colourful Bristol office, the ‘grass’, picnic bench and whole stash of comfy bean bags. Bristol’s our development HQ and that’s how it will stay - no outsourcing!
We’re privately held and were established in 2009, so we have a solid foundation but still have the start-up feel and we’ve won awards too.
Benefits include funded social events and 23 days holiday!
If you’re similarly energetic, consider yourself to be self-motivated and prepared to roll up your sleeves to be part of an exciting, flourishing business, then read on to apply.
Dependent on experience
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com