Please be aware that this is an expired job ad, so the details shown here may now be out of date.
We are looking for a talented PHP Developer who is passionate about OO principles and coding best practice. You will be experienced across the LAMP stack, be fluent with modern MVC frameworks like Symfony 2 and be excited about building massively scalable web applications which will be used by millions of users worldwide. Join our tight-knit, ambitious team and build the next generation of PeerIndex in the fast paced, disruptive world of Big Data.
- Competitive salary
- Stock option grant
- 5 weeks holiday
- Buy Your Own Kit (2K)
- Employee Referral Scheme (2K)
- Flexi-time / Work from home
- Fully stocked fridge
- Monthly Hackdays
- PeerIndex Leadership Academy
- Free gourmet coffee - as much as you can handle
- Design / build / maintain a SOA solution that handles billions of API calls every day
- Constant improvement of system reliability and efficiency
- Develop and maintain internal and external APIs
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems
- Coding in PHP & other things
- Think creatively and work independently
- 4 years deep experience with PHP, ideally in Symfony or other MVC framework
- BSc or higher in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Extensive experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, performance analysis, search infrastructure and/or large-scale data processing
- Runs and maintains a number of website front-ends
- Active in open standards or local web dev communities
- Skilled in web usability and user interface
WHO ARE WE?
We are PeerIndex (www.peerindex.com) and we make the social web meaningful by measuring your social capital and telling you what it is. Our mission is to give companies and individuals ownership of over reputation and command over social influence.
Based in Old Street, at the Silicon Roundabout, we are at the heart of Europe’s most vibrant tech Startup scene. We are well funded, have a proven business model and a growing list of world class clients already working with us. Our team is bold and brilliant and poised to grow. And we think big - we are about changing the world - not punching the clock. If you feel the same, we’d love to hear from you.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
To be considered for this position, please send your profile and relevant links to firstname.lastname@example.org
£35,000 - £45,000 + equity
Send your CV to email@example.com