Global Personals - QA Test Engineer
This is a permanent or contract role,
based in Windsor, Berkshire, UK,
posted September 20, 2012.
Role Purpose :
To work closely with the development team and the wider business to help ensure quality and compliance across all our web projects.
This involves analysing requirements/ writing test cases, performing software testing, staging new releases and mentoring other members of the team in test execution strategy.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities :
- Liaise with development team early and during the project process to help ensure quality.
- Create and manage testing plans to ensure delivery against agreed timescales.
- Ensure quality issues are identified before software is released.
- Analysing requirements and defining tests/ acceptance criteria.
- Supporting and coordinating user acceptance testing.
- Staging and approving new web software releases.
Key Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Competencies :
- Degree calibre in comptuer science or equivalent.
- A broad technical background with hands on experience of web systems and projects desireable.
- Strong software quality and/ or engineering background to formal standards, ISEB (ISTQB) certified.
- Experience in automating a variety of frameworks.
- Proven experience of planning, perparing, running and completing process based test activities within web development projects.
- Knowledge of third party and open source testing tools/ technologies such as Cucumber, Selenium-RC+, XPath and Firebug.
- Attention to detail, focused, good problem solver and creative thinker.