Please be aware that this is an expired job ad, so the details shown here may now be out of date.
We’re looking for Ruby on Rails developers to join our team of 30+ developers, engineers and designers at Global Personals. We’re focused on creating the very best online dating platform in the industry. We’re highly profitable, growing quickly and want to recruit the best people to work with our experienced team and be a part of our future.
We’re based in the centre of Windsor, west of London. We’re easily commutable from London (West from Paddington or South-West direct from Waterloo), Reading, Staines or Slough.
You’ll work in a relaxed, social office, alongside 95+ other Global Personals people – not just developers!
We’re working on several exciting new Rails projects and want to encourage you to bring your ideas to the team. We use Scrum, Kanban and are always aiming to improve skills together. The development team often go to industry events and regularly attend and have spoken at LRUG (London Ruby User Group) meetings.
You’ll need the following skills/attributes:
- Ruby on Rails (solid, commercial experience)
- MySQL (or equivalent RDBMS)
- Ability to write clean, semantic, well-formed HTML and CSS.
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix server commands.
- Team lead experience, strong communicator, cheerful team-worker and best practice stickler.
The following are nice-to-haves:
- TDD and BDD (we use Test::Unit, Shoulda and Cucumber)
- Agile work environment experience (we use Scrum and Kanban)
- Links to open source projects or blogs you’ve written on.
- Previous dating or social networking projects.
- Attribute-based searching with Sphinx.
- ColdFusion, Perl.
Visit our jobs page at http://globalpersonals.theresumator.com/apply/IxAP7y/Ruby-On-Rails-Developer.html