Please be aware that this is an expired job ad, so the details shown here may now be out of date.
We’re looking for 2-3 expert software engineers to help us build a series of major enhancements to our dating platform and infrastructure over the next 12 months. You’ll have worked on high availability transactional systems, helping to analyse, design and implement improvements to ensure they can scale effectively, and understand the challenges in building a large, complex web application.
- Design and implement application and infrastructure components.
- Analyse and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of system.
- Work with developers to create new features and functionality.
- Advise best practices from large-scale application experience.
Requirements and skills:
- Proven experience of building high availability, large-scale web apps and infrastructure.
- Understanding and implementation of distributed message-based systems.
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging in Ruby and ideally Java/ScalaSolid competency with SQL (MySQL) and data caching strategies (memcached)
- Academic background in computer science (BSc or MSc or equivalent)
- Expertise in C, Perl and Erlang, and an interest in functional programming.
- Practical experience with non-relational data stores.
- Good standing in the open source community.
- A passion and flair for all things web tech.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Accountability, responsibility and flexibility.
VIsit our Jobs page here at http://globalpersonals.theresumator.com/apply/3BSEPp/Software-Engineer.html