Please be aware that this is an expired job ad, so the details shown here may now be out of date.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented, hands-on Technical Manager to join a rapidly growing Digital Agency.
The role is broad and dynamic, and you will bring a passion for technology, delivering excellent projects and leading an established technical team, focused on .Net & Ektron CMS driven websites.
Previous Digital Agency experience is desirable, but not essential.
Your Key Responsibilities in this role would include:
* Report directly to the CTO and participate as a member of the Management Team.
* Technical Management of work delivered by the .NET
* Technical Team, helping to deliver projects on time, on budget, to a high standard.
* Line Management of the .NET Technical Team including regular catch ups, team meetings, escalations and annual performance reviews.
* Work with the Principal Developer to ensure technical best practices and processes are followed.
* Working collaboratively with other teams and disciplines within the agency.
* Developing and maintaining hands on knowledge of Ektron and .NET in order to keep up to date with the latest developments.
* Involvement in the pre-sales process – working with colleagues to scope, estimate and present project proposals.
* Assisting in resourcing the Team through permanent recruitment, contractors and other resourcing options such as offshoring/subcontracting.
You will ideally be:
*A strong Technical Manager with a passion for technical project delivery and innovation.
* A Technical leader with a solid understanding of how to apply pragmatic software engineering practises to the production of high quality and robust web sites.
* Equally comfortable facing off to Creatives, UX specialists, Project Management and Senior Managers within the agency, as you are to other Technical staff.
* Based at our Edinburgh office with occasional ad hoc travel expected to our London office and client sites.
We look for these skills and experiences
* 5 years upwards of hands-on experience, managing technical teams through the end to end delivery of C# .NET ASP website.
* Must be comfortable with the full project lifecycle – from requirements elicitation and capture, through build, testing and deployment.
* Exposure to pre-sales and business development activities.
* Line Management experience of teams of around 10 Technical Developers.
These are nice to haves but not essential
* End to end project delivery experience working on CMS driven websites.
* Experience managing 3rd Party vendor technical relationships.
* Experience of working with technology partners.
* Ektron CMS hands on technical development and/or management.
How to apply
Send us your CV with a short covering note explaining why you are right for the role.
Realise Digital is a full service digital, design, marketing and build Agency, in the most recent survey the NMA put us as a top 40 Digital Agency. We are privately owned, founded in 1997 we currently employ over 100 staff. You can see some of our latest work here:
If you want to learn more about what makes us tick please take a look at our website www.RealiseDigital.com. and more importantly if you want to see the kind of out-of-hours escapades we enjoy you can take a sneaky peek on our Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/realise/
Finally - No agencies please!
Excellent package on offer
Please email your CV to email@example.com with a short covering note explaining why you are right for the role.