Please be aware that this is an expired job ad, so the details shown here may now be out of date.
About Startup Stay
Startupstay.com is a global comunity for entrepreneurs who travel (stay with, host or meet for coffee like-minded entrepreneurs). We have launched 15 weeks ago and as of mid September we already have 4,000 active members in more than 720 cities and 105 countries. We have also generated some great experiences.
So far, we’ve been working with contractors and have produced a robust web MVP which people are loving. With a proven concept, it’s now time to bring a CTO on board. Someone that can share our vision but most importantly: Shape it.
We see the current MVP which is focused on hospitality exchange evolve into a bigger platform that facilitates face-to-face encounters & travelling for entrepreneurs. Are up for the challenge? You will bring Startup Stay to the next level, both on the web application and conceiving the mobile version/app.
Working at Startup Stay
You will join two co-founders Fred, the CEO is based in London (TechHub @ Google Campus) and I, Facundo, the CPO based in Dublin. We have worked together in dozens of web projects. Fred heads the community and is more business/online marketing oriented and I am more strategic/technical. We are quite “hands-on” and fond of lean methodologies. You will get equity in the company. We are raising investment in the upcoming months and will start monetising the platform next year, which means that we will offer a competitive salary in due course and in the meantime we offer an equity vesting schedule.
* Ideally you should live in London. You can work from home but occasional meetings will be necessary.
* We would like to work with a CTO that really likes the Startup Stay concept. We also like people who are fond of starting projects and/or companies, call them “entrepreneurs” if you want :)
* As a CTO you will define and implement our web and mobile strategy. You will eventually form and lead a bigger team. We hope you inspire us all!
* Technical aspects: We will initially rely on you coding and guiding contractors on specific tasks/help as you may require until we grow the team. The site is currently built on PHP & My SQL but we are happy to explore better ways of doing things with your lead. Strong working knowledge of WEB and MOBILE is naturally essential for this role.
* Please remember to share your portfolio/Github url or similar and links to live projects you've worked on so we can learn more about your work.
So, do you think you can be our CTO? Go ahead and apply :)
Simply fill out the form located in the following blog post (same description text as the ad you just read, so you don't need to go through it again!)