Please be aware that this is an expired job ad, so the details shown here may now be out of date.
We're looking for an experienced developer to join our team to devise and build new products in a startup environment. We'll expect you to become a co-founder of a new project or join one of the existing projects.
As a team, we come up with new ideas, quickly prototype and test them, and turn them into standalone businesses. We operate like a startup and we're well-funded by an in-house venture capital firm.
We are looking for a combination of technical skills and entrepreneurial flair. You should be able to learn new technologies and prototype quickly while being familiar and comfortable with customer development and product design.
This position is an opportunity to work on various early-stage projects, using both your technical skills and business acumen to make a product successful. The compensation will include both the salary and stock options in a newly created project.
* be expected to learn how to use any tool that may be right for the job: from Obj-C to Ember.js
* as a minimum, have a good grasp of Ruby, JS, jQuery and Ruby on Rails and be fluent (but not a world-class expert) in HTML5 and CSS3
* enjoy trying new ideas and experimenting with new technologies
* be familiar with EC2 and Heroku architectures
We'd expect you:
* to show initiative and make independent decisions
* to take responsibility for long-term development roadmap
* to hire other developers when the team needs to grow
If you have tried to build a startup in the past, whether successfully or not, that would be a big advantage.
About Forward Labs
We don't invest. We don't accelerate. We don't incubate. We build new businesses.
Using lean startup methodologies, we validate markets, rapidly build and test products and hire teams around those products that have solid traction.
Forward Labs are part of Forward, a company that bootstrapped its way from the founder's bedroom into a 400-strong multinational in just 8 years without raising money. Tech innovation is in our blood, which makes Forward one of the most innovative companies in London. We are proud to have received awards for being a great place to work on several occasions.
To apply, send us links to what you feel represents you best: cv, LinkedIn/Github/HackerNews/Twitter profiles, portfolio, blog etc. Our application process is fast. Email firstname.lastname@example.org