Please be aware that this is an expired job ad, so the details shown here may now be out of date.
UPDATE: WE’RE NOW OFFERING A SALARY IN ADDITION TO OUR ORIGINAL EQUITY OFFER
We’re an inspiring disruptive startup in the education sector looking for a part-time/full-time Front-End Web Developer to join our team as a co-founder.
Sofmor is an innovative and exciting social learning platform (to be!) aimed at university/college students. Sofmor combines some really cool concepts with the best parts of a Learning Management System (think Blackboard or Moodle) and social networks to change the way learners interact with educational content and their fellow students and educators.
We believe broadening your knowledge network leads to a more fulfilling and enhanced learning environment by exploiting the vast and varied experiences and insights of the people you share your academic life with.
We’ve got some extraordinary features and concepts in the pipeline but for the moment we’re focused on building a sophisticated yet astute Minimum Viable Product. We’ve validated the idea and developed a rock solid business model, now we’re here to disrupt the status quo and building the incredible team to do it.
Who we’re looking for
We’re seeking a Front-End Web Developer to join our technical team (working alongside a specialist Back-End Web Developer) to transform our wireframes to a working prototype. If you’ve other commitments at the moment, you can join part-time initially with a view to go full-time once we acquire major investment.
• Experience in HTML (preferably HTML5) and CSS (preferably CSS3)
• Experience in UI and UX design
• You have an educational background in the field of Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
• A talent for web design with experience in design technologies (Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, wireframing tools etc.)
• Experience in real-time data-feeds/services (e.g. AJAX), web development toolkits (e.g. Twitter Bootstrap), Version Control Systems (e.g. Git)
• Demonstrate work beyond the front end and ability to integrate with a wide array of back-end technologies and services
• You will create cutting-edge, immersive web experiences that not only look fantastic but are also efficient, functional and technically best in class
• We aim to deliver the product efficiently and reliably in the first instance, and only refine it so it’s exceptional once the basics have been cracked. You need to understand that a robust Minimum Viable Product is a priority, but also care deeply about evolving that into the best possible user-experience in due course
• We are building our product from the ground up with a User-Centred Design approach. A beautiful web experience is a crucial part of this. That’s where your creative flair, originality and desire to do really great work will make the difference
What we’re offering
A Competitive Salary plus Equity dependent on your skills and experience.
This position entails much more than just being a coder and designer; you will be an integral part of the company with input in major decisions and ideally you will stay with us after the development phase.
Besides being part of an innovative product that will disrupt the market, you’ll have the technical freedom to build something from the ground up, autonomy over your work and flexible working arrangements.
Where we’re based
We’re going to be based right in the heart of tech city in East London. You can work remotely initially but we’d prefer to have you on site at launch phase.
Competitive Salary + Equity: dependent on skills and experience
I’m interested, so how do I join?
If you’d love to join an awesome team to revolutionize the student experience, get in touch with us. We prefer a portfolio coupled with your CV/LinkedIn but you can also send your Github/Stack-Overflow and anything else you feel is relevant.